Song-singing for Attention Phrase

In my classroom management class, we are choosing transition phrases. 

The three transitions that need a phrase are:

1. "Attention-getter" to gather students back from group-work, etc.
2. "In a minute" so they know to listen to instructions before getting started.
3. A phrase that the students will know it's time to work now. "Go phrase"

So, I would like to use music as an attention-gathering for students. I plan to sing and wait for them to join along. 

This is where I would like to keep songs that I find are good for people to join in. So, here is my list:

"Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
“Livin' on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
“Sweet Caroline” – Neil Diamond
“Dancing Queen” – ABBA
“Don't Stop Believin'” – The Journey
“I Will Survive” – Gloria Gaynor
“Wonderwall” – Oasis
“Hotel California” – The Eagles
“Sweet home Alabama” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
“Beat it” -  Michael Jackson
“Hey Jude” -  Beatles
“Single Ladies” -  Beyonce
“I will Survive” – Gloria Gaynor
“The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” – Will Smith
“Party in the USA” – Miley Cyrus
“Call Me Maybe” – Carly Rae Jessperson
“Thriller” – Michael Jackson
“We will rock you”  -  Queen
“I want it that way” - Backstreet Boys
“Baby One More Time” - Britney Spears

Comments

Popular Posts